Ibuki (some underused moves)

Go down

Ibuki (some underused moves)

Post by Retpetty on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:58 pm

Since Ibuki is my main i figured i would share some ideas advice and just general tactics for her.

Although she does not do major damage on her normals, its her speed and agility with combos that ultimately causes people issues.

She is a mixup character and though alot of guides say to get in fast and unleash the combos, im actually finding a more cautious and patient gamestyle suits her equally well, and is actually paying off nicely for me.

To me she is a very underused character, its not often i get matched against her and when i am its unsettling since i know she can attack up close or at range and that 1 combo can really open up a can of worms on your health meter

One of her moves that i really like is Ageman, back and medium punch. Its her anti air defence but also can be under to start combos from. its a 2 hit so it works against focus attacks. Though it does little damage it can really frustrate players who are trying to get in close to you via air attacks. A few attempts countered by ageman will definately have them try another tactic.

Another move is her crouched medium kick, as it slides you towards your opponent. It also will allow you to slide under most fireballs though not juri`s low.

At the end of most combos you can finish off with the neckbreaker. Alot of people not familiar with Ibuki will do a normal block and she`ll just eat that up and neckbreak. it does a good amount of damage though not as much in AE as it was decreased to balance her out.

It is very easy to try and neckbreak after every combo but experienced players will crouch block and then punish you hard. if you time it correctly you can use neckbreak against people jumping in or jumping backwarsd, or at the start of the fireballs. Its a useful move but try not to overuse it and become predictable. Limit its use for when your in trouble and it can really even up a round and maybe give you the comeback attack you need.

Back to top Go down

Re: Ibuki (some underused moves)

Post by Retpetty on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:43 pm

had some interesting beatdown this weekend against ibuki. it appears its very easy to become predictable with Ibuki`s combos.  Neckbreaker against experienced fighter will get you punished bigtime.

So ive been trying to find alternate ways to open up a player, and the command dash has become 1 such tool.

using the ex version gets you onto the other side of the player which can really confuse and suprise them if you then jump back over and cross them back up Wink

ive started to use that and the short neckbreaker to change up my tactics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:49 pm

ive actually changed from ultra 2 (hasinsho) to ultra 1 (yoritoshi) and found some good results with it. since it requires the opponent to be trying to hit or throw you it works well when your backed into a corner and need a second wind move.

it actually does more damage than ultra 2 and ive found when ive had to use it, its paid off bout 80% of the time.

my win ratios actually improved from 14% to 25.4% now Smile 

and if it doesnt connect with them it unleashes a giant fireball to give you some breathing distance

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:26 pm

ive noticed from the replays slick uploaded that i rely alot on the fierce down kick, its a 2 hit move, first a sweep then a roundhouse. however if the first hit is blocked you are so open to being punished and i need to make sure i use it sparingly. it works well in the target combo but only because of the hit confirm of the light then medium punch combo.

its a bad habit of mine that i need to get rid of!!! hehe

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:11 pm

really like that ibuki combo at 1:23 though not sure how viable it is in a match

Back to top Go down

Post by BazCrossbow on Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:20 pm

That's sweet!

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:39 pm

ive never seen U1 used to actually land the fireball, normally its cus your grab missed. very cool though. i think i need to get back into playing as ibuki now i have my fightstick

Back to top Go down

Post by BazCrossbow on Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:18 pm

I hate fighting Ibuki, I just fought on and it was just that stupid throwing knife vortex bullshit

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:23 pm

hehe, i cant get her vortex but not played as her in a while. i tended to try and punish whatever people threw at me, or id use the command dash to dash under people jumping in then hit them with her combos

Back to top Go down

Post by BazCrossbow on Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:28 pm

That I can handle, I will need to read up on how to counter her vortex

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:53 pm

well with ultra her vortex game is being nerfed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content