Salty Runback
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dudley (basic)

3 posters

Go down

Dudley (basic) Empty Dudley (basic)

Post by IURSHOWERBUDDYI Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Street fighter is not a very n00b friendly game. I personally learned this the hard way. It took me about a week and a half to 2 weeks Just to be able to beat Someone who just started , of course then again i like to personally blame the fact that i was using dudley. Dudley is a Character who you have to get in close with because he has no projectile(s). I still am not all to great with Dudley but i know the basics. here are just somethings that you can do the timing is very percise.

focus attack-> crouch heavy/fierce -> crockscrew cross

light kick -> medium kick -> medium punch -> heavy punch

forward+heavy kick -> EX Bullet punch

foucus attack -> crockscrew cross

When using someone like Dudley the focus dash against most Projectiles will be your best friend it will absorb the hit but you're health will comeback if you dont get hit. those are just some basic combos for the Dud man
IURSHOWERBUDDYI
IURSHOWERBUDDYI

https://www.youtube.com/user/thtlonelyguyify

Back to top Go down

Dudley (basic) Empty Re: Dudley (basic)

Post by Retpetty Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:27 pm

ive never actually played as dudley, prolly should have just to respect my british heritage heheh
Retpetty
Retpetty

Back to top Go down

Post by LuukeNukem Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:30 pm

It should say crouching heavy kick > corkscrew cross.

Forward heavy kick > ex "bullet punch" I think you mean machinegun blow.. That's not a combo. Forward heavy kick is an overhead, I think you mean standing heavy kick?

For the most part focus attack shouldn't be mentioned as a combo starter. Focus attacks provide the crumple for the combo, therefore it's not really part of a combo.

Keep updating this topic though. Could be very informative.
LuukeNukem
LuukeNukem

Back to top Go down

Post by LuukeNukem Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Also the focus attack dash is so-so for dealing with projectiles as Dudley. He has his duck dash (half circle forward + kick) that's completely invincible to projectiles. And not only that, you can perform a follow up move during the duck. Definitely need to use this move if you want to beat projectile characters.
LuukeNukem
LuukeNukem

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:42 pm

so focus attacks arent part of the combo, they just open the opposition to the combo?
Retpetty
Retpetty

Back to top Go down

Post by LuukeNukem Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:00 pm

Focus attacks are technically counted in game as part of the combo, but it's more of a "it goes without saying" type of thing. Landing a focus attack is situational. Whereas landing a combo is a punish.
LuukeNukem
LuukeNukem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum