Guy - Final fight FTW

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Guy - Final fight FTW

Post by Retpetty on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:13 pm

Well since my controllers getting worse and im struggling with zangiefs moves, i decided to give guy a tryout and gotta say his actually pretty cool. I can see that he has issues with defence though as already ive gotten pinned in the corner and struggled to get out alive.

But evn so, its cool to see so many of his final fight moves transition over to the SF4 engine and ive had some success with him.

Just trying to learn some more of his combos and getting the timing down to shoulder charge under fireballs.

Back to top Go down

Re: Guy - Final fight FTW

Post by Retpetty on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:05 pm

nothing more satisfying than using Guy`s shoulder charge and going under shoto fireballs Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:30 am

So had a long session playing as guy. 3hrs around 50 matches, 2 wins

Have to admit though guy looks cool and has this hardcore backstory as the bushin master, im really not seeing many strengths to him. 

His offence other than the Ex versions are all easily spotted and even easier to punish. Having meter to get his super is few and far between and both if his ultras though damaging, have little success as they are easy to block or back dash from (u2)

His defencw is even weaker. Cant keeo count of the times i was locked into defence and got thrown or stunned. 

His jump in is kinda slow and a bug enough arc that shotos can unleash on you. 

Only place he excels is upclose with some nice combos or what i found worked well was throws. But getting that close is difficult to say the least

Havent checked the frame rates but he really does seem to suffer alot from frame disadvantage. From what i saw tonight even if u block well ur still highly likely to get hit regardless. So much for being a ninja

In conclusion, spacing is paramount to any success with guy. With weak defence and slow movement you need to make every attack count. Which is hard because anything other than an EX is pretty predictable and punishment is high. A frustrating and underwhelming character that fails to live up to his backstory. Maybe with ultra he will get some much needed buffs

Back to top Go down

Post by BazCrossbow on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:01 am

I mite try him out for a while today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:30 am

If u do let me know what u find out. I think my main problem with him is he really doesnt have a normal move that advances him towards his opponent other than the slide which if blocked will get u punished really bad

Back to top Go down

Post by BazCrossbow on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:16 pm

Just went through his trials, still having trouble with 12, 19, 21 and 22 but can do the others will try him out online in a bit. 
here's the last to trials I recorded Very Happy 

Trial 23 - If your opponent is in the corner you do it without the FADC

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:14 pm

i really need to get my head down and get through his trials. think i have 1-10 done, but its the combos i really need to hone my skills on.

Back to top Go down

Post by BazCrossbow on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:45 pm

You will improve 10x once you have an arcade stick and get use to it

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:00 pm

alot of people have told me that, just the excution is so much more precise and easier, along with plinking and pianoing etc Smile cant wait to get mine soon Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:21 am

Definately need a fightstick with guy. His execution has to be so precise. Got a few more of his trials done but holycrap are they tough

The 3 cr jab into Tc is cool though. Really have to get the jabs close else the tc whiffs

Really starting to like guy though success still eludes me for now

Need to read up on frame data cus he so often seems to be at frame disadvantage

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:28 pm

Got some of the combos down but honestly  getting disheartened playing as him. He gas so many weaknesses and few strengths

Mosy of his specials can be easily spotted and countered and just blocked and punished. He has poor defence

He has no move that advances him forward or a popup move that makes the oppenent stand which is needed for his bnb combo

A crouched or short opponent negates any strength guy has with his combos

Ive played as him for a week and still dont see any matchup in his favor

Hopefully he gets some buffs for ultra else his pretty much for diehard guy fans cus he is a really weak character

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:19 pm

Opponent in corner, Light Punch, Medium Punch, Heavy Punch, Heavy Kick, Ultra 1

if i can get that down it would sure help my win ratio im sure!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by BazCrossbow on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:34 am

his throw is good for putting people in the corner

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:33 am

I try to use his throw and air grab whenever possible as they do good damage. Theres also a combo that ends with a throw but ive not gotten it down yet, seems to happen more by chance than choice

Back to top Go down

Post by BazCrossbow on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:43 pm

It's his target combo but instead of hard kick at the end you hit down hard kick

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:50 pm

ahhhh ok i had seen that combo but not tried it, id been trying the combo but with the throw buttons at the end instead of the kick. down kick should be easy.

love that combo, just looks badass!! hehe

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:52 pm

id had alot of frustration and doubts on guy in the beginning, but after 2 weeks of crunching combos and working him out, feel ive got him somewhat competitive. its really bout being patient and finding those openings, then punishing them hard with combos.

i think going from zang to guy was half my problem!

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:52 am

i need to find some combos that dont whiff when peeps crouch. seeing alot of the high ranking players will just crouch and then punish my whiffed bushin combo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:50 pm

Have been working on some combos to help against crouched or short opponents. Will post them up once ive tested them alittle more

Stay tuned Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by BazCrossbow on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:11 pm

Is Guy gonna be your second?

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:24 pm

I think he will be my main. His getting some buffs in ultra. Still working on him and i find him more fun to play as than zangief. Though zang can easily score hella damage

Back to top Go down

Post by BazCrossbow on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:25 pm

what about Ibuki? you still repping her?

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Trying to lol. Slipped to 1500 so need to get working on her again. Trying out other characters sure gives u a different view of the game and elements to fine tune Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:29 am

Managed to complete most of guys trials and in the process learn alittle more bout move cancelling and linking Smile

Lp hozanto into super is cool but tricky. Need to practice these everyday to really get them down

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty on Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Guy

- Guy's walk speed is faster.

- Crouching medium punch hitbox has been reduced, and can no longer be used as an anti-air.

- EX Hurricane Kick has a larger hit box, but start up increased from 4f to 6f.

- Increased range on second hit of his Ultra 1.

- Elbow Drop can no longer be ducked under with certain moves.

- Kamaitachi (Down-Forward Heavy Kick) startup reduced to 9 frames, from 11 frames.

- Neck Flip (Heavy Kick followup on Run) startup increased to 5 frames from 3, hitbox increased.

- Elbow Drop downward hitbox increased.

- Second hit of his Target Combo has had its downward hitbox increased.

- Sudden Stop has 1 frame less recovery.

- Heavy Hozanto has 2 frames quicker startup.

Last edited by Retpetty on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum