Salty Runback
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arcade Fightsticks

2 posters

Go down

Arcade Fightsticks Empty Arcade Fightsticks

Post by Retpetty Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Ok so im looking at getting a fight stick but right now, 200 bucks is way outta my league, id be willing to pay upto about 100 but really not sure of which to go for, any advice be appreciated

I did see this one

Arcade Fightsticks 418YsvecoQL

Which looks good and i heard you can easily upgrade it with better parts further down the line. Its the Hori Xbox360 Fighting Stick VX for  bout $75.

Again, let me know your thoughts and suggestions as i really dont have a clue hehe
Retpetty
Retpetty

Back to top Go down

Arcade Fightsticks Empty Re: Arcade Fightsticks

Post by BazCrossbow Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:27 pm

I don't know about that particular arcade stick but I can tell you you won't regret buying one. Takes a bit of getting use t o if you have never used one but in the long run its well worth it.

I got a mad cats TE S and it was super easy to open up and swap out parts. Got it second hand for £60 which is about $90 Right now I'm waiting on some custom art and plexi for it. When it arrives and I get it on my stick I will post some pics.

I'm sure someone here knows about the stick your looking at though.
BazCrossbow
BazCrossbow

https://www.youtube.com/user/BazCrossbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:44 pm

seems to me they really help in getting your input faster since the stick isnt as long as the xbox controller. i cant use the dpad on it to save my life, its so awkwardly placed so rather just get an arcade stick

even a new controller would help me, mine is veering and i pretty much struggle when im fighting left to right
Retpetty
Retpetty

Back to top Go down

Post by BazCrossbow Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:09 am

I find I prefer fighting from the right side on stick but getting better from the left since I read you could DP doing down forward > down > down forward. On Xbox controller i found right to left harder though.
Have you tried the Mad Catz fight pad? Looks like a sega controller with six buttons and an L+R bumper. I'm thinking of getting one to see what its like.
BazCrossbow
BazCrossbow

https://www.youtube.com/user/BazCrossbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Retpetty Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:37 pm

Decided ima just splash out on the Mad Catz Arcade FightStick PRO for $130. Has everything i need and will give me something to look forward to come christmas Smile till then i`ll just use a xbox controller

Arcade Fightsticks 47381_MCZ_pro_R
Retpetty
Retpetty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum